Austin Fire Engine
The Fire Appliance of Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Holland 1963-1986
This is an Austin K6 based Fire Engine, powered by a 6 litre 6 cyl petrol engine.
with a high pressure pump fed by a 200 gall water tank as well as a low pressure front mounted pump.
It was exported to Holland in about 1963 as a chassis.
The body and pumps were then added by the Dutch company Bickers & Zoom.
It saw service in the town of
, nr Rotterdam until 1986 when it was
purchased by the Godalming Fire Pump Society, who have a close freindship with the Towns Brandweer.
It was driven back to England, crossing the Channel on the "Herald of Free Enterprise"
and scaling Dover Hill (the first hill it had ever seen)at a speed of 5mph.
It is full working order and is used for display at local fetes, carnivals,
open days and even weddings.
Due to severe problems with storage, ZB-33-96 returned to its home town of
Hendrik-Ido_Ambacht in October 2000 where its restoration will contine.
Tankautospuit Dennis Rapier
The Fire Appliance of Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Holland 1996 -
DENNIS RAPIER FIRE-ENGINE (524)
- especially designed for fire-fighting
- 8 seats for fire-fighters (normally 6)
- ABS (brakes )
- 250 pk Cummins Diesel
- 0-65 km/uur in < 16 sec.
- Max speed 125 km/uur (speed can be blocced by comm. officer)
- Blue flashlights around the vehicle
- Martin horn (2 tones)
Whilst on a visit to England
our Dutch collegues visited
Dennis Specialist Vehicles in Guildford, and as a result ordered a Dennis
began service in the town of Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht in October 1996.
- build by C&C Geldermalsen
- the tools on the roof come of hydraulicly to spare the
- Teklite lights
- 1500 liter watertank
- Power by Honda 220 Volt 3,5 KVA
- 2 high pressure hoses (90 meter each)
- workinglights around the vehicle)
- Arrowstick at the back
- Godiva GMA 2500/11 high and low pressure pump
- high pressure 243 liter/minute at 43 bar
- low pressure 3000 liter/minute at 8 bar
MAN Accident & Rescue Vehicle (573)
The MAN Accident & Rescue vehicle began service in Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht in 1997
- Chassis built in 1994 as democar for MAN and coacjbuilder Plastisol. It
visited many exhibitions around Europe (on a trailer)
- Type : L105F
- Motor : 114 KW/2400rpm 155 pk
- cylinders : 4,58 ltr
- 5 speed hand transmission
- fueltank 120 ltr
- Coach: Totally made out of polyester
- Clark teklite TF 445 light 2x 500 Watt 220 Volt
2:56 PM 02-Feb-98
Technical specifications supplied by Ben Veldman (firstname.lastname@example.org)