- Curriculum Vitae (2016).
- Research interests:
Fluid dynamics. Geophysical and astrophysical sciences. Singular limit problems in nonlinear PDEs. Numerical analysis and scientific computing. Kinetic formulation. Mathematical Physics in connection with these areas.
Workshop. "Coupling moist convection and large scale dynamics in numerical weather prediction models".
- Publications (move mouse over [...] to show abstract)
-  B. Cheng and A. Mahalov, Time-averages of Fast Oscillatory Systems in Three-dimensional Geophysical Fluid Dynamics and Electromagnetic Effects. to appear (2015)
-  B. Cheng, Improved Accuracy of Incompressible Approximation of Compressible Euler Equations. SIAM J. on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 3838-3864, 2014 (SIMA). doi:10.1137/140955173
-  B. Cheng and A. Mahalov, Euler equations on a fast rotating sphere --- time-averages and zonal flows. European J. Mech. - B/Fluids, vol. 37, pp. 48-58, 2013 (E.J.Mech.-B). doi:10.1016/j.euromechflu.2012.06.001
B. Cheng and A. Mahalov, Time averages of fast oscillatory systems. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series S, vol. 6, pp. 1151-1162 2013 (DCDS-S). doi:10.3934/dcdss.2013.6.1151
-  B. Cheng, Singular limits and convergence rates of compressible Euler and rotating shallow water equations. SIAM J. on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 44, pp. 1050-1076, 2012 (SIMA). Referee(s)' remarks. doi:10.1137/11085147X
-  B. Cheng and C. Xie, On the classical solutions of two dimensional Rotating Shallow Water system. J. Differential Equations vol. 250, 690-709, 2011 (JDE). doi:10.1016/j.jde.2010.09.017
-  B. Cheng and E. Tadmor, Approximate periodic solutions for the rapidly rotating shallow-water and related equations. Water waves: theory and experiment -- Proc. of the conference, 69-78, World Scientific Pub. Co. Inc., 2010.
-  B. Cheng and E. Tadmor, An improved local blow-up condition for Euler-Poisson equations with attractive forcing, Physica D, vol. 238, pp. 2062-2066, 2009 (Phys. D). doi:10.1016/j.physd.2009.08.008
-  B. Cheng, Multiscale dynamics of 2D rotational compressible Euler equations. Hyperbolic problems: theory, numerics and applications, 497-506,
Proc. Sympos. Appl. Math., 67, Part 2, Amer. Math. Soc., 2009.
-  B. Cheng and E. Tadmor, Long time existence of smooth solutions for rapidly rotating shallow-water equations and Euler equations. SIAM J. on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 39, pp. 1668-1685, 2008 (SIMA). doi:10.1137/070693643
- Unpublished Work
- MAT2001, Numerical and Computational Methods, Spring 2014.
Teaching materials on SurreyLearn virtual learning environment.
- Past course webpages.
2012 is Alan Turing Year
2013 is Year of Mathematics of Planet Earth